Summary of Guidance
(updated July 2021)
The government has now removed most mandatory restrictions associated with Covid-19 but advise people to proceed with caution. Recognising this, the church no longer insists that people wear face masks, or use hand sanitizer at entry and exit (these are now optional). The church will (as a temporary measure until at least end of August) continue to apply social distancing and will continue to record attendance. Singing is now allowed, and this will recommence from Tuesday 20th July 2021
Please note that Government guidance and legislation can change quickly in response to the changing situation nationally and locally. Please be aware of these changes as they occur in the news, but the website will be updated of any changes that materially affect us in our ability to open the church and hold services.
To view and download full guidance
Before Coming to Church
- If you have any of the following symptoms or been in close contact with anyone with these symptoms, you must stay at home and self-isolate:
- High Fever
- Continuous Dry cough
- Loss of taste or smell
- We will seek to disinfect the contact surfaces, as necessary, after the services that take place
- You are asked to minimise use of the toilet facilities at the church (only using the disabled toilet if this is necessary), and only use the kitchen if this is essential.
- There will be no prayer meetings prior to the Sunday Services and no refreshments after the evening services.
Arriving at church
- Please ensure that your attendance is recorded by the door steward on Sunday morning and/or evening. On Tuesdays, the record will be taken by someone at the front of the building.
- People of the same household should arrive and sit together
- Please maintain a distance of 2 metres from other people
- Hymn books will be placed in church ready for use
- On entering the church please make your way fowards and take a seat marked available nearest the front. Available seats will have a hymnbook on the seat and the unavailable seats will be marked with an ‘X’
- You may wear a face covering inside the building. If you forget to bring a covering or mask, we have a limited supply of disposable face masks.
During the Service
- The windows will be open to improve ventilation as a safety measure. Please remember to dress accordingly during colder days. The heating system will not be operating.
- If the toilet is required at any point, those at the front half of the church please pass through via the hall carefully, whilst maintaining distancing. Those towards the back, please use the main entrance and make your way to the side entrance
- Singing is now permitted, and this will recommence from Tuesday 20th July 2021
- Please leave the hymn book you have used during the service in the pew
- At the end of the service, the order of leaving is starting from those at the back of the church through to those sat at the front.
- As you leave please maintain 2 metres distance from other people
- If people want to speak to one another, then do so once you are outside the building, but please move away from the doors to allow others to exit the building unhindered. If you do converse with people, please maintain the social distancing of 1m (preferably 2m) from people from other households. It is permitted to converse indoors, but the preference should be to do this outside