Summary of Guidance
We are required by law to ensure the church is "COVID Secure" and this entails that we put into place certain measures and restrictions that are designed to protect all who attend our services. To prevent the virus from spreading to you and to other people, the following measures have been adopted in all our church services.
To view and download full guidance
Before Coming to Church
- If you have any of the following symptoms or been in close contact with anyone with these symptoms, you must stay at home and self-isolate:
- High Fever
- Continuous Dry cough
- Loss of taste or smell
- Please wash your hands and use the toilet before arriving at church. Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance to the main hall
- Please bring your own face covering or mask
Arriving at church
- People of the same household should arrive and sit together – Please do not offer lifts to church
- Please maintain a distance of at least 1 metre (preferably 2 metres) from other people
- Hymn books will be placed in church ready for use
- On entering the church please make your way fowards and take a seat marked available nearest the front. Available seats will have a hymnbook on the seat and the unavailable seats will be marked with an ‘X’
- You will be required to wear a face covering or mask upon entering the building. If you forget to bring a covering or mask, we have a limited supply of disposable face masks.
During the Service
- The windows will be open to improve ventilation as a safety measure. Please remember to dress accordingly during colder days. The heating system will not be operating.
- If the toilet is required at any point, those at the front half of the church please pass through via the hall carefully, whilst maintaining distancing. Those towards the back, please use the main entrance and make your way to the side entrance
- Unfortunately, we are not permitted to sing, however we will have hymns in various forms without singing
- Please leave the hymn book you have used during the service in the pew
- At the end of the service, the order of leaving is starting from those at the back of the church through to those sat at the front.
- As you leave please maintain at least 1 metre (preferably 2 metres) distance from other people
- If you want to speak to one another, then do so once you have left the church building