Summary of Guidance
(updated August 2021)
After the easing of legal restrictions on the 19th of July we have sought to progressively reduce the restrictions placed in church, while ensuring those measures are proportionate to the current risks. but advise people to proceed with caution. Recognising this, wearing face masks and using hand sanitiser at entry and exit are optional, although hand sanitiser will still be provided. The church has discontinued social distancing measures, but adequate ventilation will still be maintained.
Please note that Government guidance and legislation can change quickly in response to the changing situation nationally and locally. Please be aware of these changes as they occur in the news, but the website will be updated of any changes that materially affect us in our ability to open the church and hold services.
To view and download full guidance
Before Coming to Church
- If you have any of the following symptoms or been in close contact with anyone with these symptoms, you must stay at home and self-isolate:
- High Fever
- Continuous Dry cough
- Loss of taste or smell
- You are asked to minimise use of the toilet facilities at the church (only using the disabled toilet if this is necessary), and only use the kitchen if this is essential.
- There will be no prayer meetings prior to the Sunday Services
Arriving at church
- Please ensure that your attendance is recorded by the door steward on Sunday morning and/or evening. On Tuesdays, the record will be taken by someone at the front of the building.
- Hymnbooks for use during the services on Sundays and Tuesday evening will be available on tables at the entrances. Please collect your hymnbook as you enter.
- You may wear a face covering (if you wish to) inside the building. If you forget to bring a covering or mask, we have a limited supply of disposable face masks.
During the Service
- The windows will be open to improve ventilation as a safety measure. Please remember to dress accordingly during colder days. The heating system will not be operating.
- Singing is now permitted
- At the end of services return your hymnbook to the box/table at the entrances